FLTA – Foreign Language Teaching Assistant
Teaching assistants Quechua language
The Fulbright Commission promotes a global program that postulates candidates for assistant language and culture departments at universities in the United States. Peruvian assistants teach Quechua and culture of Peru by an average of 20 hours a week and must take 2 courses per semester at no cost. The scholarship is for nine months, nonrenewable. The program is designed for candidates who have almost the age of college students in the United States.
Teaching basic Quechua. Encourage conversation in Quechua in the student cafeteria. Monitor student housing Quechua language. Organize cultural activities or extra-curricular work and exhibit on Peru.
Universities cover the cost of studies. The program covers the cost of round-trip ticket, living place, Food and health insurance. Likewise, It provides an orientation program and an annual conference with participants.
Candidates must demonstrate maturity, leadership, seriousness, integrity and professionalism and a great desire to teach their native language and culture. Also have ability to motivate students and interact with them. Likewise, have an interest in sports, outdoor activities, music, dance, theater, literature, poetry or kitchen. Good computer skills are essential.
- Peruvian be resident in Peru, without double EE.UU./Perú nationality or residence visa.
- Good health
- College graduate with bachelor's degree.
- English proficiency and Quechua. applications received only those acquired in the ITP TOEFL English test 550 a TOEFL IBT 80.
- With teaching experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the culture and history of Peru.
|1||Announcement||May of 2017|
|2||Deadline for applications||31 October 2017|
|3||personal interviews||7 November 2017|
|4||Selection (Fulbright Commission)||November 2017|
|5||Final selection (Scholarship Board)||January of 2018|
|6||Answers universities||April and May 2018|
|7||Pre-Departure Guidance||June of 2018|
|8||Home Fellowship||July-August 2018|
- download forms: (Descargar, fill out and print)a. Request
- Submit three copies of the completed application to the Fulbright Commission in person or by mail / courier, accompanied by 1 game of:* IBT TOEFL test result (80) a TOEFL ITP (550).
* Copy of diploma or degree.
* Copy of transcript.
* Job certificate.
* Two letters of recommendation from professors and / or supervisors of the workplace (in English or Castilian).
- Pre-selection of candidates based on the evaluation of the documents submitted.
- Interviews selected in step 3.
- Final selection of candidates by the Fulbright Commission.
- Sending requests candidates to the United States for final approval of the grant by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
Peruvian North American Cultural Center
Target-DDI Strategic Consulting in People
invites you to participate in the process for one of our major customers
Background student exchange is extended until 01 October for students from their universities. Links to information for the following programs are attached:
The application deadline is 01 October.
BBVA Banco Continental
FULL TIME BANK TELLER JULIACA see here
Scholarships for teachers of universities. Links to information for the following programs are attached:
- SUSI for Scholars: American Politics and Political Thought
- SUSI for Scholars: Contemporary American Literature
- SUSI for Scholars: Journalism and Media
- SUSI for Scholars: Religious Pluralism in the U.S.
- SUSI for Scholars: U.S. Culture and Society
- SUSI for Scholars: U.S. Foreign Policy
The application deadline is 2 January next year. We appreciate your support in this call.
President Barack Obama Ad Opportunities for Peruvian and American Universities, m with the aim of promoting cultural exchange, Academic and Research. http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2016/11/264461.htm
This program offers a wide range of studies and cooperation opportunities for students and universities in Peru, among which we highlight:
- international mobility of students, faculty and staff. Deadline for submission of proposals 2 February 2017.
- Master Degrees Erasmus Mundus Joint. Deadline for submission 2 February 2017.
- Capacity building in the field of higher education. Deadline for submission 9 February 2017.
- Jean Monnet activities. Deadline for submission 23 February 2017.
1. Pacific Alliance Scholarships | Announcement 2017 open to teacher mobility in Chile, Colombia and Mexico. Deadline: 21 November 2016
2. CHEVENING Scholarships | Graduate studies in the UK. Deadline: 8 November 2016
3. OAS Scholarships | Expert course in educational technology. Deadline: 2 November 2016